Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Gone Fishing

Tomorrow I will be fishing with my favorite fishing guide in the whole world - my dad. Check out his website.

Dad has a charter business and has been a professional guide for the past 32 years. He certainly knows all the hot fishing spots in the Thousand Islands.

My dad taught me all that I know about fishing. I think he had a fishing pole in my hand before I could walk. I was 17 when I caught my first muskie with him. What a thrill to reel in a 53 inch fish weighing close to 40 pounds; this prize catch hangs on my wall today.

I also got to be the first woman to appear on the Rod & Reel show with my dad. Again, I was 17 when this happened. Bill Saiff, the star of the show, kept out fishing me early, but my dad kept warning him that I would finish strong in the end. This I did do and out fished Bill for the day. What a thrill for me and my dad; I know that dad was proud of me and my fishing accomplishments.

I will be bringing a novice fishing buddy with me tomorrow. He has only fished once before for about 30 minutes with me earlier this summer. We caught 2 Rock Bass. I'm hoping that we catch something a little more exciting tomorrow.

It is neat that I get to share my dad's fishing knowledge with a novice fisherman. Of course, who could he learn better from than my dad.

Check back in a few days since I'll probably post some fishing stories and pictures.

No comments: