Thursday, February 22, 2007

More Media Opportunities

The Tribe and Clarkson University released a press release about our biodiesel project. Since then, I've been flooded with phone calls from local newspapers and TV stations.

I was interviewed by a local CBS station from Burlington, VT earlier this week. They also shot footage of our garbage truck in operation. News 10 Now and Channel 7 news have also been in contact with me. They both want to interview me and shoot footage of our truck and transfer station sometime next week.

Who said that the garbage business wasn't exciting? One of the aspects that I like most about my job is the variety of duties that I get to perform. One day I find myself being interviewed for a TV show and the next day I could be tossing garbage bags into the truck. It doesn't get any better than this!

2 comments:

thisrequiresthought said...

you should offer your autograph on (recyclable) styrofoam plates.

www.jean-e-oathout.blogspot.com said...

With responsibilities comes opportunities! Go girl!