Sunday, December 21, 2008

I Got a New Harley for Christmas

Susan and I were out "wheely shoppin" a few days ago when we saw a purse store. The sign read "Buy one, get one free" Being the sound women that we are, we entered the store with intentions of finding a good buy, at least I did; little did I know that Susan had other intentions.

The first time that Susan came to NY last year I teased her about her purse being a "Harley purse." It was black with a huge silver cross on the front and silver beads all over it. Just to prove that I know what I'm talking about, I've included a picture of it below. What do you think - "Harley purse", right?



One day I threw her purse over my shoulder when I was visiting her this past winter. I boldly said to her "I might have to get me "Harley purse", this feels good!!" Later in the year I ended up getting the "Harley purse" as a welcome gift to TX. I was so excited to have my own Harley!!


Susan recently kept telling me that I needed a new purse since I'm wearing the "Harley purse" out. The strap is unraveling around the edges, the zipper handles broke off, and the straps connecting to the body are worn and breaking.


When we entered the purse store the other day, Susan was actually feeling pretty good since she figured that I'd show her the purse that I liked the best and come back later to purchase it for me for Christmas. She forgot one characteristic about me, though. I'm the type of person that I'll buy something if I have a need, it is the right price, and I like it. Guess what? I found a purse that I liked and bought it. Upon leaving the store, Susan shared with me how I had foiled her plans for my present.

I like my new purse. It sort of looks like the "Harley purse", but I will always treasure my first Harley since it is special me.

I think Susan is out Christmas shopping for me right now. I wonder what she'll get for me? I told her she could get me another purse. A women can never have too many purses, right?




1 comment:

thisrequiresthought said...

is that the lone star of texas I see there?

you are truly a texan now!