Monday, March 26, 2007

Snapshot of my Life for the Past Month

Wow, I can't believe that my last post was on March 5. Here is a summary of what I've been up to since then.

  1. My mom became ill on March 8. She wasn't aware, but she had gallstones and was hospitalized for a week. She had her gallbladder removed on March 14 and then came home with me the next day. She is still staying with me for RR. She has a Dr's appointment on April 3 and I'm sure that she will receive a good report. Until then, she is enjoying her time at the cabin with me and my cats. I love having her around and will miss her when she goes.
  2. In between driving back and forth to the hospital and going to work, I got my first head cold since last year. I took advantage of having mom around the house and asked her if she would make me her secret cold remedy that she used to give to me as kid. She did and I was back in action two days later. Thanks mom.
  3. I'm also preparing for my cross country drive to California. I'll be leaving next Wednesday and driving across the country with two friends that are moving there. I'm looking forward to the trip, but will miss my two friends when I return from California on April 10.
  4. I've been watching the ice melt from the rivers in anticipation of the upcoming kayaking season. I can't wait to get back out paddling. I bought a wet suit this past fall and I'm sure I'll try it out when I return from California.
  5. I've been coaching a girls basketball team. The team is part of the Upward Basketball program that is held at church. This is the third year that I've coached and I experience great enjoyment working with the girls. We have our last practice tomorrow night with our last game on Saturday.

These are the things that have occuppied my life for the past month. I hope to be able to post more often now and especially as I travel across the country next week.

1 comment:

www.jean-e-oathout.blogspot.com said...

Thanks for the up grade. I check your blogg most every morning. I trust your trip next week will be safe and enjoyable for you all. Have a great time out where it's warm. We look forward to warmer days here! My tulips are up several inches out front of my house. Maybe they'll be blossoming by the time your return! I have lots of seeds waiting for the ground work to be done. Ben will help me, I hope.