Thursday, May 31, 2007

Women of Faith

Later this afternoon I'll be leaving with three precious friends and traveling to Rochester, NY. We will be attending the Women of Faith Conference. I'm looking forward to the trip, the conference, and spending time with my friends.

I usually go to conferences with no idea what the Lord will do in me, but I always come back with a testimony of God's furthering work in my life.

I remember the very first conference that I attended: September 1996, CFC WIM Fall Retreat. I went not knowing that my life would be transformed and changed forever. You are probably wondering what happened - right? I can share: I became born again and surrendered my life to the Lord. I've never been the same and God has healed me from past hurts and wounds that I never thought I could be set free from. Thank you, Lord.

What will happen to me this weekend? I'm not sure, but I know that my God has a plan and purpose and I'll rest in His loving arms, continuing to enjoy His work in my life.

2 comments:

www.jean-e-oathout.blogspot.com said...

Oh, to be in such surroundings! May God richly bless you and the other sisters of faith this weekend!

The Truth of God teaches said...

I remember this conference very clearly!!!catzndogz9 (Michele)