Saturday, June 09, 2007

Dreaming

Last weekend I attended the Women of Faith Pre-conference and conference. The theme for the pre-conference was God has a dream for your life. The speakers were Shelia Walsh and Dr. Henry Cloud.



The words that Sheila and Dr. Cloud shared pierced through my soul and God spoke to me about it is time for me dream about my life. Dreaming about my life was a foreign concept since life circumstances in my childhood prevented me from dreaming about my future; I had all I could do to survive from one day to the next, let alone think about my future.

I've been doing a lot of dreaming in the past week. I must admit that I've had fun thinking about my future and seeking God's dreams for my life.



God spoke to me in 2000 that "the book on yesterday is closed and I will live in the grace and refreshing of the Lord your God." Through my dreaming, I've come to realize the freedom that I have in Christ and I truly feel that the book on yesterday is closed for me; meaning that my identity is no longer rooted in past events of my life and I'm free to live to be the person that God created me to be and do the things that He designed me for. This is a place that I've dreamed about being, but never thought that I could get here. I'm so thankful to the Lord for His healing work in my life and praise Him everyday.

1 comment:

www.jean-e-oathout.blogspot.com said...

How absolutely exciting! I, too, can dream His dreams for me. I am excited to learn just what His plans are for me. Our visiting minister yesterday said that God has put me here and that I am an important part of the church I attend. May I become and do all that is His plan for me. Let's see what all we can accomplish for His Kingdom, sister!