Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Happenings

I had time off last week and got to do many things that I enjoy. July 4 I ended up going to a friend's house that is located on Higley Flow. We went boating, fishing, and swimming. These were all done with thunderstorms/showers threatening on the horizon. Fortunately, these storms held off most of the day and we were able to enjoy our outside adventures.

On Thursday, I went to Cornwall, Ontario with other friends to go shopping; it wasn't exactly my usual shopping trip since my friends needed to pick up fencing supplies at the Tractor Supply Store. We also went to Canadian Tire and I ended buying a new tackle box and tackle. I introduced my friends to the atmosphere of East Side Mario's for lunch. They were all excited about my stories of eating peanuts and throwing the shells on the floor. Little did I know that East Mario's discontinued this practice some time ago-I guess I need to go more often to be up to date. We all had fun and even got to tease the waiter when he called us all ladies; he overlooked the 11 year old lad that was with us.

I traveled to Utica, NY on Friday to help another friend decorate for a wedding that was held on Saturday. I truly enjoyed the fellowship and the work too. I got to see some old friends at the wedding and socialize with people that I see on a weekly basis. The wedding was beautiful and the food was great! Here are some pictures from the wedding.




The newly married - Colin & Ann. Looking forward to seeing you when you return from your honeymoon.


1 comment:

thisrequiresthought said...

wasn't it a beautiful wedding? You and Margaret did a great job of creating "ambiance" with the decor!