Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Travel Week

I just returned from Manchester, NH last night. I was there for a meeting to discuss upgrading the software that operates the scales at the transfer station - oh yes, there is a lot more that goes into managing garbage other than throwing it into bags and have it magically disappear.

I drove through Vermont to get to Manchester. What a beautiful drive!! The mountains, I think they were the Green Mountains, were magnificent. It makes me want to go back there in the fall to take in some of the colors.

Later today I head to Bath, NY I had a trip scheduled to visit friends who are vacationing there, but my friend's sister died over the weekend and so now the trip is a combination of leisure and being there to support her and her family.

As you can see, my days are filled with driving. I'm glad that I own a Prius - the 50-55 mpg mileage is wonderful.

No comments: