Wednesday, October 22, 2008

My New Favorite Food

I must admit that I'm trying new things everyday in my new hometown of Grapevine. And of course, food is high my list of things to try.

Sue and I went grocery shopping the other day when I picked up one of my usual refrigerator staples - yogurt. I am partial to Yoplait and usually go for strawberry. Sue suggested that I try the key lime flavor. I'm glad that I did because it has become my favorite Yoplait flavor. I've been eating it with my home made granola that I brought back from NY (thank you Jodelle). It reminds me of eating key lime pie and the combination sure tastes great with a good cup of hazelnut coffee.

Another favorite of mine is fried pickles. Yes, you read right - fried pickles. I'm not sure of the recipe that the local restaurants use, but you can visit here to find many. They are crispy, salty, and sure taste great!

It is approaching dinner time and I must go cook a fabulous dinner for myself. Bon appetit!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, yes...you will have to try to make them sometime. The crinkle cut dills work the best. Dry them on papger towels, dip in milk, and flop them in a cornmeal fish fry batter (coat each side lightly). Put in hot oil (olive works good) and fry until lightly browned. Drain with spoon and flop on paper towels. Put in a basket and serve with a ranch sauce for dipping. They are good...I just have not found much nutritional value. It is a good thing that they are a little work to make, so we won't crave them too often.

Selah said...

That would be paper towels...and that would be me...a little tired but still selah...not anonymous.

Anonymous said...

Sounds good actually.

Michele

connielafaver said...

Actually is sounds a bit like fried green tomatoes and they are suppose to be very good.