Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Teeth Cleaning

This morning was the day to go to my sixth month teeth cleaning appointment. As the dental hygienist poked around in my mouth, I wondered what she would find: cavities and plague buildup. She did see something questionable around one of fillings and proceeded to insert a tube in my mouth that took a picture of my tooth and it automatically appeared on the screen in front of the dental chair. Wow!! Technology is amazing. She showed me the discoloration around the filling that caused her concerned. I also had x-rays, which is another technological miracle that can show hidden problems.

Now that all the technological work was completed, the cleaning proceeded. How I love to hear the scrapping of the plague off my teeth with those metal instruments that they use. I think the best part is when they polish my teeth with that mint tasting paste. Oh, yes, and how can I forget the flossing part - my least favorite part of the cleaning. The cleaning process is confirmed done when the dentist comes to look at my teeth, x-rays, and the picture of my tooth. After he looks everthing over, he declares that I have beutiful teeth, keep up the good work, and the filling looks ok.

I make a visit to the reception desk to schedule my next appointment in six months and pay my bill. Out the door and off to work I go with my bright shiny teeth...you may need sun glasses the next time I smile at you.

1 comment:

르네 said...

sounds exciting...=) I haven't been to the dentist for a cleaning in over ten years...shhhh - don't tell anyone.