Friday, November 30, 2007

Garbage Truck Arrives

I know you probably think I'm a little crazy getting excited about the delivery of our new garbage truck, but for a garbage guru like me this is exciting!!

The addition of this truck to our fleet means that our program continues to expand and we can now offer more services to the community. Believe or not, the box that you see on the back can come off and we can put a roll-off box on it. A roll-off box is an open top container that allows you to throw all your junk in; comes in handy for special cleanup projects around the house.

I guess I'm so excited because 13 years ago when I began working for the Tribe, the Tribe offered no solid waste management services. They hired me to put their entire program together and here I am today managing a transfer station and curbside collection program for them. God has and continues to bless me in my job and for that I'm thankful for. I give all the credit to Him, because without Him, I wouldn't be here marveling at the accomplishments and enjoying my new toy - the blue/white garbage truck.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the color choice!

Anonymous said...

I like the color too!
Michele

thisrequiresthought said...

that's a pretty big toy.
good thing it wasn't on your Christmas list: Santa would've had a hard time delivering it!