Thursday, September 04, 2008

God's Beauty is Everywhere

I officially moved to Texas last month, but I am back in NY for September. This is due to the teleworker arrangement that I have with the Tribe. I am alternating working between the two states every other month.

I was born and raised in NY. I lived in NY all of my life until last month. Prior to departing last month, I was admiring all the beauty in NY: rivers, misty fog burning off the hay fields early in the morning with the sunrise as its background; smell of fresh cut hay; sunsets that take your breath away; etc. etc. During some of my gazing at all this beauty, I thought that I would miss all of this and wasn't sure that I would find such beauty in Texas. The Lord, in His still small voice, ensured me that I would find His beauty in Texas too.

I've been in NY since Monday and I'm already missing some of the new beauty that I've come accustom to seeing. I miss the sun reflecting off Grapevine Lake creating sparkling diamonds all across the lake. I miss seeing the sailboats on the lake and sitting at the marina having coffee with Sue. I miss looking up at the stars when I swim in the pool that is located at my apartment complex. I especially miss seeing the jets fly overhead at night - they look like big birds with headlights; in case you didn't know I live 5 minutes from the DFW airport.

I realize now that God's beauty is everywhere no matter where God takes me. This may seem like a simple concept, but I guess I thought I couldn't find as much beauty in Texas that I've grown to love in NY. I was wrong. For the season that I'm in, I get to enjoy all of God's beauty in both Texas and NY.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're right, God's beauty is everywhere. We just have to open our eyes, look, and acknowledge. Thanks for the reminder!
nymrsb
PS: so kind of you to share your Texas heat with us :)

thisrequiresthought said...

you missed mentioning the beauty of bushels of peaches at the Amish farm!!

Selah said...

You are right. I wish that I could share the beauty of the San Juan Islands, British Columbia's green woods and rolling hills, Bellingham Bay, the Pacific waters, the porpoise, the sea lion, the minkie whale, and the lion mane jelly fish. However, I left my little camera to computer connector home. And none of the above even begins to compare to Mt. Baker, the Nooksack Falls, and the sun setting over the bay. His beauty surrounds us!