Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Kayaking Friends


September is my favorite month in NY for a variety of reasons: (1) cool mornings are followed by sunny hot afternoons; (2) fall color change of the leaves; and (3) some of the best kayaking adventures can happen.



The kayaking adventures are on top of my list for this year since this may be the last September that I get to kayak in NY. With my move to Texas last month, I'm not sure that I'll get back here next year for kayaking. I have been taking advantage of all the nice weather in NNY this month and getting in as much kayaking as I can.



I was greeted by three of my new kayaking friends after returning to my home away from home. They looked at me with excitement and I couldn't resist offering them to sit in my kayak. All three of them took turns by themselves and then we had a group sit together. Of course, their mom was nearby with camera in hand ready to snap the group picture.



I did give my new kayaking friends lessons in how to hold my paddle and how we would use it if the boat was in the water. I also gave them instructions in how not to fall out of the boat into the water; perhaps I should have given this lesson to my other older kayaking friend.

3 comments:

thisrequiresthought said...

good one, Friend #32.

I will surely miss our adventures over the long winter months!

Anonymous said...

that sounded like a really fun adventure - oh, my - what a picture I envision in the kayaking adventure of we know who falling eventually into the mud - (you could see it coming, couldn't you) - the children look so "cute" cute in the kayak - I bet they felt so big - yes, the actual fact is that you most probably not get here next year - that is exciting in one way for you and one way sad, and of course, sad for all of us to not see you - well, enjoy the tme now - seasons are special, and we need to grab hold of them, for we just don't know when they may come to a slow end - well, Texas, here we come, heh! I love envisioning posts BB

Anonymous said...

Cute.
Michele