Sunday, January 14, 2007

Eating & Wearing Your Cake

My office held an open house this past week since we moved into a new building. All of the staff brought in food to serve our guests.

One staff member brought in a traditional strawberry filled cake. This is a cake that is loaded in the center with strawberry filling and is covered with a layers of white frosting. The cake was beautifully decorated for the occasion.

I was making my way around the table to put all those healthy snacks on my plate. I admired the cake with no intention of having a piece since I choose not to eat any desserts. As I was making my way around the table, I heard one of my colleagues say "Laura, you need a napkin since you wearing some of the cake." I looked down and my pants were covered with some of that delicious looking white frosting. I also got some on the bottom of my jacket. I quickly grabbed a napkin and began to remove the frosting my clothes. I also made a trip to the ladies room in hopes that some water would help to remove the frosting.

The lesson learned is that although I didn't eat the cake, I can still wear it whether I choose to or not. I told my co-workers this and they all laughed with me. It was a good laugh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Yeah! Great story. And now when you are wearing it you can simply wipe it off. We were wearing it last year and it took a lot more than a napkin to get the old cakes, pies and cookies off the waist and hips!!