Sunday, April 22, 2007

Signs that Spring has Arrived

How does one actually tell if spring has arrived in NNY? Here are some signs to look for:

  1. You spend the whole day raking your lawn and work up a sweat;
  2. The temperature is above 50 degrees;
  3. The snow banks are gone;
  4. Flocks of geese fly overhead in the North direction;
  5. You can open your windows to get fresh air blowing through the house without the worry of your furnace turning on;
  6. The sun comes up before 7 AM and sets later than 8 PM; and
  7. One goes kayaking for the first time since last fall; this was me yesterday.

I'm glad that spring has finally arrived in NNY and replaced the 8 inches of snow that I had in my yard last weekend. I just hope spring stays around until the hot days of summer come.

1 comment:

www.jean-e-oathout.blogspot.com said...

Take heart, my friend! God has some pleasant days ahead for us.