Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Celebrating 70 Years of Living

My mom experienced one of those special birthdays last week when she turned 70. Although I wasn't able to be with her on the exact day of her birth, I did travel to the 1000 Islands this past Monday. I took her out to lunch here and we then we had coffee at one of my favorite spots, Lyric Coffee House. Since we couldn't find two deck of cards to play Nertz, we decided to play checkers. The Lyric Coffee House is quite nice and I highly recommend it if you are ever in Clayton.

I'm so thankful that I got to celebrate mom's birthday with her. I pray that she has many more that we can share. I treasure moments like these and grab them while I can. Thanks for sharing your day with me mom. I love you.

3 comments:

connielafaver said...

Happy Belated Birthday Carrie... I am glad you guys got a chance to spend some time together. Your picture is lovely. May you have many more Carrie....Love Ya Lots...

Anonymous said...

What a great photo of the two of you!
Michele

thisrequiresthought said...

what a fabulous photo of two beautiful ladies!!