Saturday, May 24, 2008

Moving Weekend

One word sums up my planned holiday weekend activities: moving. Yes, that is right. I'm moving out of my log cabin into a 5-bedroom house; I might add that the house is painted pink. I seem to be into pink these days. I have a pink coffee mug, pink wallet, and lots of pink clothing. Sorry for the bunny trail. Back to moving.

Many of you know that I sold my log cabin in February. The closing date is next Friday, May 30. I've been sorting, packing, and tossing since January. I am renting an apartment in the 5-bedroom pink house for June & July. Check back later in a few days since I'll post some pictures of my living space.

I'm glad that all of this is coming to a close since it has been a long road. I am weary from all of these activities and am looking forward to my new living arrangements where I don't have the responsibilities of being an homeowner. I'm also looking forward to spending my summer doing things that bring me the most pleasure.

This is a new season of my life that I'm entering. Although the change is exciting, it is also bittersweet at the same time. I've spent 11 years living at the log cabin and have loved it. I've grown so much in the Lord during this time and have shed many tears at this place as I allowed God to touch me and heal me. But as one prophet spoke many years ago to me: "The book on yesterday is closed....you can let the yesterdays go and begin to float upon the ocean of His grace." So as I move this weekend, I'm closing the book on yesterday and moving to float upon the ocean of His grace as I continue to walk out His plans and purposes for my life.

No comments: