Thursday, May 15, 2008

What's In Your Driveway?

Ever imagine coming home and finding something in your driveway that you weren't expecting? This happened to me today.

I called a local hauler yesterday to schedule delivery of a roll-off bin to my house. You're probably thinking that I've really gone overboard now with my fondness of anything that relates to garbage. Don't worry, though. I truly have a need for a roll-off bin since I need to be out of my house by the end of the month. Anyways, back to my original story. The gentleman on the other end of the line indicated that they wouldn't be able to get one to my house until next week. The reason: graduation weekend at one of the local colleges. Yes, those college students are sorting, packing, and tossing out just like me. How unfortunate since I was planning on filling my bin this weekend. Upon receiving this news from the hauler, I began to rearrange my "to do list" in my head to accommodate the delivery delay. The hauler said that they would call me if they could get there earlier, but it didn't sound too promising.

"What is that big ugly green thing in my driveway?", I thought when I got home this afternoon. "Oh, yes, I recognize a roll-off bin anywhere." You guessed it, the big ugly green thing was delivered sometime today. I sometimes wonder why they have to be so ugly. After all, they just need a new coat of paint every year. I certainly would have our containers painted if we use roll-off containers at the Tribe. I have this pet peeve: just because I work in garbage doesn't mean my workers or equipment have to look like they work in garbage. We need to portray a positive and professional image.

Oh, well, I'm happy to my roll-off container in the driveway. I can now rearrange my "to do list" back to the original plan. I guess you know what I'll be doing this weekend: filling up my roll-off container of unwanted junk. How fun. If you're board, stop by and join in the fun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'd stop....but I am afraid that I wouldn't be much help with the sorting and sifting...I'd redecorate the bin...What a fresh coat of Sherwin Williams cafe latte outdoor latex...with a few victorian columns overlayed on the corners...and a momoth picture-framed..."He makes all
things beautiful, in His time" on the side...
Wow! I can see it now...and it sure would help to energize your sorting...and make a rather fine send off out of your roll off too!
Just a thought from a dear friend willing to help! SB