Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Bugs in My Salad

I have the awesome privilege of staying with the Ramers when I'm in NY working. During my stay in September, I asked the Ramer children where the locust were in the salad at every meal time? This question arose based on a conversation we had one night regarding the food that John the Baptist ate. Emily and Josiah would search with excitement to find the locusts in the salad, but would never find any. As I departed at the end of September, I told them that I would bring some Texas locust with me when I returned in November.

I wasn't at their house for very long and they asked me "Where are the Texas locusts." I had to give them some pat answers since I shipped the locusts to my office and they weren't with me. Jodelle and I put the bugs in the salad the second night I was there. The children had a fun time of finding them. They also have had a fun time of putting them in my bed and other places for me to step on since then.

I know that these aren't locusts, but they were the closest thing to them that I could find in Texas.





4 comments:

르네 said...

this gives a whole new meaning to the warning about washing your veggies before you eat them.

fun =)

connielafaver said...

Laura,

Your such a funny girl~~~
I bet the kids laughed and
found it quite funny, your a fun person. Miss you~~

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you didn't bring them down and put in my salad. I probably would have eaten them without noticing!!!

Anonymous said...

I was beginning to believe you (once again) when you said you had them shipped to our office, and you know I dislike bugs and the thought of them in a salad even pretend makes me "shiver". Ugh!!!! But the kids love it, don't they. You are good them as you are a child yourself, and amen to that in life for sure. What a great place to stay. The Ramers are wonderful and a joy to be around. Nice story for bug people ----bb