Saturday, November 15, 2008

It is Collection Day!!

I normal don't work on Saturdays, but I do on special occasions. Today was one of those special occasions: a household hazardous waste collection day at the Tribe's transfer station.



Residents from the community were allowed to bring all their household hazardous wastes to us and we would take out off their hands. We had car and truck loads of stuff that came in. Some of the stuff looked really nasty and smelt bad too. That didn't stop me and all of the other workers lending a hand to make sure that the stuff gets properly disposed. You see, more than likely all this nasty stuff would have been improperly disposed if we didn't hold this collection day. I sure feel good at the end of the day when I know that I've done something that helps protect the environment and the health of people in the community. Here are some more pictures from the day.



Storage drums for waste oil, flammable liquids, and other nasty stuff.


Stuff waiting to be sorted.

A trunk full of paint.

Paint ready for disposal.Teres and me taking a break from our duties.





2 comments:

RB said...

Did you bring anything home to the Ramers? Tell Harvey abiding in their home is almost as good as abiding in Christ (inside joke).

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you have helped community really in learning about the hazards of waste. It may be a joke among friends many times in what you do, but I have seen many people change their ways of dealing properly with wastes as needed and the knowledge increased, and for that alone, our environment from one area of the world is much safer for it. I thank you for you contribute to God's world and His environment. You make His environment your environment and you care. Thanks again.bb