Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Dust Bunnies

As I was changing earrings this morning, one of the clasps slipped out my hand and went behind my dresser. I decided that I would hunt for the clasp when got home from work since I was pressed for time.

This afternoon I arrived home and decided to look for my lost clasp. The first thing I did was move the dresser away from the wall. "Ooh gush! Look at all those dust bunnies and other little debris behind my dresser" I said to myself. I didn't let the mess deter me from my task at hand - finding my lost clasp. After looking for a couple of minutes with no success, I decided to get a flash light and the vacuum cleaner. I shined the light behind the dresser and still didn't find the clasp. I then decided to move the dresser farther away from the wall and this is when I saw the clasp. It was underneath one of the legs of the dresser. I then made all those little dust bunnies disappear through the use of the vacuum cleaner. The carpet was cleaned and I promptly put the dresser back into its place.

All the time I was looking for my clasp, I begin to think about how those little dust bunnies hid behind my dresser until I moved the dresser. Up to this point, I had no idea that they were there; they remained hidden until I had a purpose to move the dresser.

The Lord began to show me that those little secret dust bunnies are similar to things that we keep hidden inside of us. Sometimes we aren't even aware that there are hidden dust bunnies that God wants to expose and shine His light on. The hidden dust bunnies are no surprise to God, though, since He knows and sees everything.

God patiently waits for us to invite Him to move our dressers so that the dust bunnies are exposed. He can then shine His light, apply His cleaner, and set us free from those hidden dust bunnies.





1 comment:

RB said...

good post. some us end up having our dust buffalos exposed under our dressers. :)