Friday, October 13, 2006

Photo Shoot - Woman's World Magazine

The photo editor from Woman's World Magazine contacted me today. She informed me that my story has been selected to appear in the December 19 issue. Please see my post from 10/6 to learn more about my interview with the magazine.

After a few phone calls back and forth, the photo editor arranged for one of their photograpers to come my house on Wednesday, October 18 at 4pm. They will shoot photos of me in two outfits of my choosing; it is a good thing that I'm going shopping for winter clothing tomorrow since I don't have any that fit me. At the magazine's suggestion, I have made arrangements to get my hair styled and to have makeup put on. Carina will be styling my hair and Connie will be applying make up.

They will be taking several full length shots of me and take pictures of me in my kitchen preparing my favorite snacks, which are a peanut sandwhich on whole wheat bread and yogurt with cheerios and fruit.

I never dreamed that I would be appearing in a national magazine when I started my weight loss journey in January. I am so blessed and I thank the Lord for the opportunity of sharing my story through a national magazine.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh WOW!!!! LAURA!!!! This is amazing! I am so proud of you and happy for you!!! Who knew that your story would have potential to encourage so many people!!

sam said...

How exciting! I will be sure to pick up a copy out here in MN.

thisrequiresthought said...

way to go.

yet ANOTHER reason I am proud to be your friend.