Wednesday, February 13, 2008

My Doings in Texas

It seems almost impossible that tomorrow marks my one week arrival in Texas. I find myself wondering where has the time gone. Sue and I have been keeping ourselves busy for sure. I'll try to provide some of the week's highlights here.
Upon arriving last Thursday, Sue and I rented a car and headed to Beaumont, Tx. This was a 5.5 - 6 hour drive from DFW. The purpose of the trip was to attend the Fresh Fire International Women's Conference that was held at Triumph Church. There were 15 women speakers that shared their hearts with us. The conference ended on Saturday, but Sue and I stayed until Sunday and attended church services at Triumph Church. Both Sue and I agree that we can't find words that would adequately express what we experienced throughout the weekend. I can only say that it was one of the most powerful and anointed times that I've experienced with the Lord.
Our rental car had a GPS unit. Sue and I are now experts with the "GPS language" and we use it all the time now in her own car. I tell her "left turn in 0.5 mile, followed by ya..." We wonder what the "followed by ya" means, but could never figured this one out. The GPS would also let us know when we arrived at our destination through a loud noise that sounded like "ding dong". One time we heard the "ding dong", but it was the incorrect destination; we should have been at the church, but we were at a Chevy car dealership instead.
I'm also learning new vocubalary words. When we incorrectly arrived at the Chevy car dealership, I went inside to ask directions to the church. The person said "follow the feeder road, go through two stop lights, loop around the highway, and the church would be on the right." I questioned the person several times about the "feeder road" and she became increasingly irritated by me. I figured Sue would know what the "feeder road" was. To my surprise she didn't. We later found out the "feeder road" are roads that run parallel to the highway and loop around it so that you have access to places on both sides of the freeway.
Monday and Tuesday were spent getting ready for Restoring FemininiTea and book signing on Tuesday night. Sue has been displaying teapots in the local library for the month of February. Fifteen ladies came out last night for the tea time and book signing. One lady said that she came since she wanted to do something for herself for once.
Today was the first time that we had some breathing room since I've been here. What did we do? Shopping. Sue has been sharing with me about this great store called Stein Mart. This store has great bargains on quality clothing. I ended up walking out with 4 outfits for less than $75. This is my kind of shopping!!
That is all for now from Texas. I've posted some pictures. Hope you all enjoy them.




Some new friends I met at the conference.

2 comments:

connielafaver said...

Laura,
I have been keeping track of your blog since you have been gone and I am very happy that you are having a wonderful time and that the Lord is doing great things in you and through you. Enjoy your time away with Sue. Tell her I said "hello" Oh yeh, just so you know we have gotten more snow.
Keep in touch and be blessed.

Love Ya
Connie

thisrequiresthought said...

sounds like so much fun!