Friday, February 15, 2008

Valentine's Day in Grapevine, Texas

This evening Paul and Sue decided to show me two of the elaborate hotels in Grapevine.
Our first stop was the Gaylord Texan. I must admit that this is one of the most elaborate and unique hotels/convention centers that I've been in. The Lone Star Atrium inside the building is quite the sight to see. Additionally, there are oversized couches located in the lobby just outside the convention center. These couches are so huge that three people could sleep on them. See picture of me below.


The second stop was at the Great Wolf Lodge. This hotel houses a water park inside the building. The best thing about the Great Wolf Lodge were their decorative garbage containers. I couldn't resist taking a picture of one and posting it below.
The weather has been extremely nice since I've been here. The temperatures were in the 70's today and the sun was out. Sue and I spent part of the afternoon drinking coffee by Grapevine Lake and sharing conversation. Anyone who knows me, knows that this is my favorite past time - drinking coffee and sharing time together with friends. I hope that Sue and I can do more of this before I leave on Monday.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

joNow THOSE are decorate trash containers - Oooeee!!! And that sleeper! You look like a little girl - kind of like Lily Tomplin and her big chair - and the hotels - NOW that is where I desire to stay and be catered to. I cannot even conceptualize the price of such grandness. Enjoy your stay.