Wednesday, February 06, 2008

My To-do List

I'll be leaving work in about 20 minutes for my vacation trip to Texas.

As usual, my morning has been busy taking care of last minute details for many of my projects. One project, a trip to the emergency room, was not on my to-do list.

I arrived at the office around 6:20 AM..I know most of you were still probably sleeping. I pulled my car next to the front door since I had some items to carrying into the office. As I walked behind my car, I hit a patch of ice and my two feet went flying. I grabbed the car on the way down and gave my left side a good stretch as my feet went in the opposite direction. I banged my left elbow and knee on the pavement. Swelling ensued in both and my supervisor suggested that I go to the emergency room. My emergency room trip last 2.5 hours. The Dr. said I was okay and that I'll have some nice bruises in a few days. The swelling should go down over time.

Other than some minor discomfort, I'm fine.

I'll be in Texas until the 18th. I'll be posting updates of my trip

2 comments:

connielafaver said...

Well you surely went out with a bang didn't you! hahaha!!!
I hope you have a great time on your trip and a productive one as well, wait this is Laura, okay it will be productive...
Please tell Sue I said, "hello, and thanks for the signing of her lovely book." Keep in touch...

thisrequiresthought said...

so sorry, Laura!
hope that the remainder of your trip is stress-free.

love you!