Saturday, February 02, 2008

Summer is Coming

"I see success, I want to tell you, yesterday, the book on yesterday is closed, it's kind of like you've lived through a long hard winter, but I'm here to tell you that winter is over, summer is coming, come on, it is coming!!! …You can let the yesterdays go, you can cut yourself away from the moorings and begin to float upon the ocean of His grace, and His love."

These were words that a prophet spoke to me in 2000 and I'm just beginning to understand the meaning of them. There are two significant themes that I can see that God was speaking to me: 1) book on yesterday is closed; and 2) winter time is over and summer is on the way.

In recent weeks, I've been meditating on these words and trying to better understand what the Lord was speaking to me in 2000. This caused me to research the meaning of the words winter, spring, and summer. I know from my experience in living in NNY that in between winter and summer is spring. God said "winter was over and summer is on the way", this implied that I needed to go through spring.

Webster gives the following definitions:

Winter - a time of inactivity or decay;
Spring - come up out of something into existence; and
Summer - a period of maturing powers.

Wikipedia Encyclopedia also provides additional information about the seasons:

Winter - some use winter to describe death and period of hopeless;
Spring - A time of growth, renewal, and of new life being born, and it is a period where severe weather most often occurs due to the southern warm air clashing with the northern cold air;
Summer - a time when plants are in full growth.

I spent many years of my life in the winter season. It was a time where I felt like I was dying and I had no hope for living. I'm glad that the Lord spoke to me in 2000 and told me that winter was over. Nevertheless, I had hard time understanding what season I was in between 2000 and now. I initially thought that I was experiencing summer, but the Lord showed me recently that I've been in the spring season.

The past eight years the Lord has been pulling out weeds in my soul that were not right. The weeds were things that were rooted in my "yesterdays" that needed to go in order for me enter His summer season for me. My spring season has been a time where severe weather occurred. There were times of clashing when I was afraid of letting go of the "yesterdays" and embracing the new life that God was leading me to walk in. I now know that it was necessary for me to let go of the "yesterdays" in order to come out of my winter season and enter into God's summer season.

The Lord is leading me to do a few more things to let the "yesterdays" go. Once I do them, I truly feel like the" book on yesterday" will be closed forever; I will never have to go back and look at any of the pages again. I'm cutting myself away from them and will enjoy floating upon His grace and love for me. I'm looking forward to my summer season with the Lord. I feel like it will be a time where God will continue to mature me and I'll come into the full growth of His plan and purposes for my life.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

More fires in the driveway, I presume???!!!
It is the greatest release of clanking, heavy chains when we are 100%, totally and wholly walking on God's path for us. It is just right. It feels right. We are right with HIM!
When we continue to carry the stuff of the past with us, even resolved, we are hanging on to an old, old musty cloak, (yes, it's dark blue and moth-eaten in my mind's eye). That is like saying to God, "I don't trust You enough to heal me totally so I am keeping this dirty, ratty cloak in case winter returns!"
I am proud of you. You trusted God and have been released into the freedom that God desires us all to live in!!!
AMEN!!!
Michele

www.jean-e-oathout.blogspot.com said...

You are an inspiration to me. Thank you, my friend.

connielafaver said...

Laura,
I must say that is a truly wonderful post... As I read it I felt so much of it as I feel as though I was there with you and watch so much of this unfold in your life. It was not all fun, but it was all productive, wasn't it. God is real in your life and I do think summer has arrived for you... Love ya Girl
Your a very special friend to me Laura...
Blessing fall from heaven down on you...
Catch them all along the way...

connie