Sunday, March 16, 2008

Lilly's Childlike Faith

I had the pleasure of meeting a young lady from China today in church. Her name was Lilly and she was visiting with a friend.

The excitement and joy that was bubbling from her was obvious and I wanted to learn more about what was going on with her. She shared that she had recently read in the Bible that she was a new creature in Christ, that old things have passed away and all things have become new (2 Corinthians 5:17). She went on to share there were many old things from her past that needed releasing and that she let them go once she read this scripture. As I listened, it became apparent to me that Lilly fully embraced the Word with a childlike faith, which led her freely letting go of those old things from her past.

My brief meeting with Lilly challenges me to embrace the Word with the childlike faith that I saw in Lilly. How simply it is to just let the Word wash me and all those old things that need going? As simple as reading and embracing the Word with a childlike faith and not letting my mind get in the way.

No comments: