Sunday, March 09, 2008

Winter Wonderland

I awoke this morning not knowing exactly what I would find outside. NNY got hit with a huge storm that began Friday night and continued until this morning.

Although I am tired of the long winter that we've had, I must admit that there is something beautiful about the fresh undisturbed snow that surrounds my house. When I stepped out (in my PJ's mind you) this morning to snap some pictures, I was awe struck by the still silence that surrounded me and the freshness of the white stuff. I really didn't want to walk on any of it because it was beautiful. I truly experienced one of those "God moments" where I just stood experiencing one of His beautiful creations - snow.

As you can see, I have much snow around my house. I just hope it all melts by mother's day weekend since I'll have a friend from the south coming to visit and I don't think she would appreciate all the snow.



Looking at my side yard

Front of my house

My front steps are somewhere below the snow



4 comments:

thisrequiresthought said...

missed seeing you in church today-
but I guess you had a good excuse!

Anonymous said...

It is beautiful, isn't it? I took some photos Fri. night. I stood briefly on our porch "listening" to the snow falling, drinking in the beauty of the heavily garnished tree branches, and enjoying the juxtaposition of white against a dark sky.
nymrsb

Anonymous said...

Hey, that does look so lovely... It is a winter wonderland isn't it... Miss Ya Much Laura... Hey did you shovel your own self out? hahahaha

Anonymous said...

that is a great picture - you have shoveled those steps many times - but.....your times for shoveling them become less and less - it is a beautiful wonderfland around your cabin - lots of memories - all kinds -