Friday, July 07, 2006

Coffee Time With God

Ok, you all know that I love to fellowship with a cup of coffee in hand since drinking coffee and having good conversations with friends is one of my favorite past times.

Last week God encouraged me to get a cup of coffee and hang out with Him. Until then, I had never thought about having a cup of coffee while hanging out with God. What a great idea!!

I followed the leading of the Holy Spirit, grabbed a cup of Gulliver's hazelnut coffee (one of my favorites), and found a spot near the Racquette River. I was truly amazed how the Lord began speaking to me about various things as sat with coffee in hand. The rushing waters of the Racquette River also soothed my soul and brought me the peace of God, which I so desparately needed on this day. I truly enjoyed drinking my coffee and being with God.

Since last week, I've gone back to the same place with coffee in hand to have a personal time with God. Just yesterday, the Lord led me to Psalm 23:2:

....He leads me beside waters of rest. He restores my soul.
Sitting beside the Racquette River allows me to find a place of rest, be at at peace with God, and my soul gets refreshed and restored as I spend time with the Lord and drink my coffee.
Thank you, Lord, for inviting me to have a cup of coffee and hanging out with You. I'm am truly blessed.

No comments: