Saturday, December 02, 2006

Discovering the Peace of Christmas

I attended a Women In Ministry (WIM) event today at my church. The theme was focused on discovering the peace of Christmas.

The guest speaker shared that discovering the peace of Christmas is found by discovering the peace of who we are in Christ and that we always have a home in God. This is a place where we are accepted just as we are.

The home concept awakened my heart since just recently the Lord spoke to me about my home, or that place where I'm accepted just as I am.

On my recent trip to California, my brother and his wife talked a lot about me moving to California. I began to think what my life would be like there: I could easily find a job; it would be great living near my brother and his wife; there are certainly a lot of things to keep me entertained there; the weather is great; etc. etc. I guess I didn't realize how serious I was considering a move to California until I came home.

I was sitting in my living room Tuesday night sipping on a cup of coffee and listening to my favorite music. It was during this time that the Lord spoke these words "you are home, where you belong." I began to be filled with God's peace like never before; a peace that I can't find words to describe what it felt like. I just know that God confirmed to my heart that I'm home. I can truly say that this is a place where I truly feel accepted and loved in spite of my weaknesses and shortcomings.

Home is a great place to be! I wouldn't want to be any place else. Thank you Lord for showing me where my home is and discovering the peace of Christmas.

No comments: