Wednesday, December 13, 2006

December 19 - Woman's World Magazine

The December 19 issue of Woman's World Magazine is available beginning today. For those of you that don't know, the magazine interviewed me and sent a professional photographer to my house for a photo shoot; see here and here to learn more. The magazine said that they wanted to feature my story about my weight loss. As you can imagine, I have been anxiously waiting for the December 19 issue to come out.

I received my complimentary copies last week. I opened the envelope with much anticipation of reading the story and seeing my picture only to discover that the magazine decided to only use quotes from me. They decided to focus the story on how snacking helps you to loose weight and included pictures and 34 recipes of snacks that you can eat. If you get the magazine, the article appears on pages 20-21 and my quotes are near the end.

Although the direction that the magazine decided to take with the article is disappointing to me, I am thankful for the opportunity of being interviewed and participating in the professional photo shoot. I am more thankful for my success with loosing weight and being able to maintain my weight within 1 or 2 pounds since May. I never thought that I would be able to loose the weight, but I have and now it is time to help people do the same.

I'm starting a Fire Up Club at my church beginning in January. The purpose of the club is to create a community for ladies to loose weight and get healthy in a mentally supportive, emotionally safe, and spiritual encouraging environment.

I'll be teaching ladies the eating principles based on the book titled "Fire Up Your Metabolism" and help them to incorporate the principles into their eating. My vision statement for the club is "Changing Lifestyles...Living Healthy." Changing the way I eat and my relationship to food (lifestyle change) has allowed me to live a healthier life. My desire is to help other people do the same.

4 comments:

www.jean-e-oathout.blogspot.com said...

Go, Girl! May God richly bless your every effort to help others acomplish what you are doing, with God's help.

Linda said...

How fortunate the ladies of CFC are to have you start a Fire Up Club in January!
Glad you can take the attitude you have with the direction the magazine took. But your lifestyle change was for you and the interview and photo shoot was a bonus. You look fantastic and the fact you want to help others change as well is commendable.

Anonymous said...

I am pleased to view that, although you were dissappointed that your feature story did not publish your photos of your weight loss, you were humbled of God to openly share your story with others to be encouraged by your story and where He placed your heart in all this for His people. The continued fact of your maintaing your weight loss is greatly encouraging.
How God loves the love of His chosen ones helping others overcome issues, and in this case it being weight (which troubles this nation) and especially the United States.
The biggest fact is the obviousness of how you truly and sincerely care in wanting to help others succeed.
Being a woman who has struggled for several years with my weight and looking for help and yet not knowing how to help myself, this story shows me I know I have made the right decision recently to do what God has wanted me to do for a long time. May you be richly blessed while helping others during this time.

Anonymous said...

What I find more significant than the weight loss is the heart-change. Allowing God to transform those areas that need honing and rearranging is the ultimate surrender and worship of Him.
There is, however, a subtle, yet very strong connection between how a woman looks and how she feels. How we feel colors so much of HOW we perceive life, even our relationship with our Savior! That is not to say that we allow our emotions to rule...just that they were a gift from God to be listened to. We have that capability to empathize with others and draw others to Him through our own struggles.
So, when I have found that people think weight loss is not a significant Spiritual accomplishment, I beg to differ with them.
Overall, our story of relationship with Christ and the invitation for others to do the same, is our primary focus and desire through ANYTHING that we undertake.
catzndogz9