Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Furniture Shopping at The Dump

Last week I spent most of my time shopping for furniture for my new apartment. My friends, Paul and Susan, said that they were taking me to The Dump to shop. Now I know that I like all this trash stuff, but I would like to find some fine furniture that I didn't have to go to the dump to get. They assured me that I would find some nice stuff there at reasonable prices.

We enter The Dump and the place was huge. Wall to wall furniture was found. I also found some bargains. Here is what I bought at the dump: dining room table with 6 chairs, desk for office, and bedroom set including head&foot board, dresser with mirror, and end table for next to the bed. The furniture was delivered on Sunday. Susan says it looks great.

Paul and Susan: Thanks for introducing me to The Dump. Can we go back once I get there in August?




5 comments:

connielafaver said...

Laura,
I am glad to hear that you are getting started on settling in. I am sure it will be lots of
fun. I'd love to be able to help with the deco.
Oh well, just a shade far for me to drive to.

connie

Anonymous said...

It was good chatting with you on Sunday. I am glad to hear that you are not leaving "completely."
Helen Kinnen

Anonymous said...

"The Dump" is HUGE. Are there other "Dumps" like this in say California or other areas you know of. IT sounds like there were lots and lots of "selectins" to choose from. Wow! Count down time now. Sixteen days ---- How truly exciting to furnish your new home and say, God, here I am, I am ready and then wait upon the Lord to show you what, when, where and how. Preparing has been a key word for you over the years "Prepare". What an understatement. BB

Anonymous said...

When I saw the title of this, I chuckled to myself in anticipation of what I was about to read.

You must be so excited about, well...just everything. I'm excited for YOU!

Everything is new in this season in your life. I am amazed at what God does each and every day in our lives and you are a strong testimony of walking on the water as you wrote about in a previous posting. You are an inspiration to me Laura, and always will be. I will miss you and your beautiful smile and words of encouragement. I have not forgotten how you took be under your wing when I first came to CFC and helped me sort some things out in my life. Thank you for being a shining example of what God wants all of us to be to others.

May God bless you abundantly in your new season of life, in your new surroundings and home, in your new ministry, in everything.

Much Love,
Nancy C.

Selah said...

We will gladly take you to the dump...you will have to see how much room you have in your apartment before you make tooooooooo many purchases. Remember, he who visits the dump too often, may find himself living in one.
Ah...there seems to be a spiritual lesson here....
You should see what I found today for your apartment. Sorry...you'll just have to wait.
Susan