Friday, July 25, 2008

It's a Riddle - I need Help in Solving

Are you familiar with the show "Who Wants to be a Millionaire?" It is a show where contestants answer questions that are posed to them. If they don't know the answer, they solicit help from the audience or friends by using what are called lifelines.

In two weeks, I will be entering my new apartment in Texas. I began leasing an unfurnished apartment two weeks ago and it will be completed furnished and decorated by the time I arrive. You may be wondering how this can be when I'm here in NY. My friend Selah is an interior decorator in addition to be a teacher and preacher. I'm thankful for this gift that she has because it is one that I'm lacking. She is volunteering her time, which I'm very thankful for, to set up my whole apartment and have it all ready when I arrive in two weeks. I'm mean, she is doing everything from cleaning dust bunnies off my kitchen cabinets to buying furniture and arranging it in the apartment.

I was on the phone with my personal interior decorator last night when she said "I have a riddle for you to solve before you get to Texas." I said "I'm no good at solving riddles." As I said this, the game show "Who wants to be a Millionaire" popped into my mind. I've seen contestants use their lifelines to get answers to the questions that they didn't know. Now, I know this isn't exactly the same as the game show, but I want to use my lifelines to help me solve the riddle. Will you help me? If so, read the riddle below and then leave your answer in my comment section. When I arrive in Texas in two weeks, I'll post what the correct answer is.

Riddle:

Selah said that I will have a new name and that when I entered my apartment I'd know what it is. So what is my new name?

2 comments:

thisrequiresthought said...

hey !
I left a comment the other day....but where did it go?

perhaps I neglected to push "publish".

anyway.
how about "sunshine girl"...if everything is bright yellow.
or "cowgirl"--to match the western-theme of your possible new decor????

nymrsb said...

The first name that came to mind was "Hope", but perhaps a better one would be "Aqua Girl"!