Tuesday, July 01, 2008

My Own Personal Strawberry Shortcake Party

I had the pleasure of sharing a two hour kayaking trip with my special friend, Nancy. It was a beautiful day for being out on the river. I truly enjoyed our time together.

Since we had such a workout, having dinner together at "Nancy's Bistro" was in order. On the menu, was a throw-together tuna noodle casserole prepared Nancy's style. This was followed by one of my favorites - strawberry shortcake. Yes, it is strawberry season in NNY and it can't get any better than fresh picked berries (thanks Renee), piled on oven baked fresh shortcake, topped with real whipping cream. This is one treat that I allow myself to enjoy every year.

Thanks, Chef Nancy. It was a wonderful afternoon and evening.

P.S. I went to bed at 9:10. What time did you hit the sack?







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures - compliments to the one who prepared