Wednesday, July 23, 2008

A Tribute to Angel


Angel was my cat. I had to put her to sleep yesterday since she had a cancerous skin condition called sarcoma . With me moving in a few weeks, I couldn't find anyone to take her and give her the care that she needed, which was surgery every month to remove the tumors.

It was a sad day for me.

I met Angel ten years ago. She was a stray roaming around my property that I used to own. I would put food out for her. She would always run away anytime that I was outside, but would come to the food once I went back inside the house. One day as I was sitting on my porch, she decided to be brave and came right up to me. She was meowing, purring, and rubbing against me. This was decidedly different then her bashfulness that I had seen before. I asked her "do you want me to adopt you?" She without hesitation blurted out a big "meow." I opened my front door and she walked right in the house and had been with me every since.

I named her Angel since she looked like an Angel with her pure white hair. She was the most affectionate cat that I've known, and I know that I spoiled her.

Things that I'll miss the most about her are: (1) sharing my peanut butter with her during breakfast; (2) her giving me a high five with her head; (3) her chattering to me with that big meow voice that she had; and (4) her sleeping with me at night.

I truly loved and enjoyed my Angel. I'm thankful that I had 10 good years with her.

4 comments:

connielafaver said...

Laura,

I am sorry to hear about you having to put Angel down! I am sure that was difficult for you. You gave her a good life and now it is over. Sorry!!! What about Shadow, have you found a home for her.
Your time is getting very short isn't it. I wish you all the best Laura.

thisrequiresthought said...

I was thinking and praying for you today. I know how much you will miss Angel.

nymrsb said...

Oh, I am so sorry. I soo understand.

Dyllan's Dependents said...

I's so sorry and sad for you. I know how you feel. It is so difficult to part from some of these animals which have become members of our family. I've cried a lot when one of our dogs have left us.
Margaret