Friday, June 27, 2008

When Will I Get To NY?

Here I sit at the Chicago airport wondering when my feet will hit NY.

My travel day has been much like my travel that I experienced on Monday. The only difference is that none of my flights have been cancelled like they were on Monday.

I've experienced delays on both my flights today. The first one was 40 minutes out of Billings. My second flight to Syracuse is delayed 2.5 hours. The flight is scheduled to depart now at 9:36 PM CST, that is 10:36 PM EST. This means that I'll arrive in Syracuse at 12:36 AM EST. Being of sound mind, I called the Airport Inn in Syracuse and will be spending the night there rather than make the 2.5 hour drive to Potsdam after I land.

In all of my air travels, I have never experienced all the problems that I have encountered on this trip. Is it the airline's fault? Apparently not since the airline tells me that the delays are due to the air traffic controllers in Chicago. I guess they had bad weather here earlier in the day, which is causing mayhem with traveling. It looks pretty nice out now - sun is shining and it is looking like it will be a beautiful sunset. I guess I'll go find a window to sit by and enjoy the scenery as long as I am here.

To all my friends in NY: I'll be home soon.

2 comments:

connielafaver said...

I am glad to hear that you'll be arriving home soon. I am
sorry to hear about all your traveling problems, not fun! Hope you have a nice ride home tomorrow... See ya soon~~~

Selah said...

Enjoy your next few days in the pink house. Cuz it won't be long before you are waiting in the airport again.