Monday, June 23, 2008

Flight Cancelations & Delays

I should be well on my way to Billings, Montana by now, but I'm still stuck at the Syracuse airport.

I promptly arrived with another co-worker this morning at 6:20 AM to discover that our first flight was cancelled. Re-booking flights to Billings was not an easy task. My co-worker was able to get on a flight that left at 7:10 AM, but I was unable to. I am scheduled to depart in 30 minutes (3:15 PM). I get to fly through Cleveland and Minneapolis. If everything goes according to plan, I will arrive in Billings at 10:40 PM MST, that is 12:40 AM EST. I am thankful that my presentation isn't until 3:15 PM tomorrow. I think that I will sleep in tomorrow morning.

What have I been doing since this morning? The hotel that I stayed last night was gracious enough to let me check back into my room. Being a seasoned traveler, I did what any traveler would do - rest and sleep. I needed this rest since I've been on the go so much for the past few weeks. I'm sure that I'll sleep on the airplanes too.

That is my travel update for now. The flight attendant just indicated that we will be boarding in 10 minutes. Need to close for now.

1 comment:

thisrequiresthought said...

sorry about the delays!
but the extra rest is nice, too.

hope you had a great trip out.