Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Afternoon Adventure

I decided it was time to venture out and see some of the sites around Billings, Montana today. After all, I had spent the entire morning in my room working on my marketing course that I need to finish by next week....I deserved a break, right?

I invited a colleague to join me in my afternoon excursion. Christine and I connected around 2 PM local time and discussed various options for our adventure. We both decided that we would visit Pictograph Cave State Park.

The park was only a 10 minute drive from our hotel. It was a beautiful day and nothing could have pleased me more than to be outside enjoying the scenery and weather. Enjoy the pictures.




We found this sign at the end of our walk around the park. Upon entering the park, I informed Christine that we would need to beware of rattlesnakes. Her comment "I'll have my video camera ready when one strikes." She also informed me that she had to leave her jack knife at home since she couldn't carry it on the plane.

The rock in the middle looks like a man who is guarding the canyon.


Nice blue skies.


We caught a rabbit sleeping. He really thought that he was hiding, but now he is a star on my blog. Silly rabbit.


Looking out over the horizon from the canyon.

We found a nice place to dine after our trip. We shared this dessert, which was called poached pears in a port reduction sauce. It sure was yummy and semi-healthy.

3 comments:

ByHIsGrace said...

great photos and love the historical information - how wonderful to be in a different state and enjoy exploring with a friend - I couldn't spot that "silly rabbit" of yours in the picture. Pretty soon we will be seeing pictures of Texas - now I want to see a picture of a big slice of cheese cake or something "big" (texas style) - enjoy the rest of your time in Montana and hope to see more pictures

thisrequiresthought said...

I've missed my kayak-buddy!

let's do Ives Park when you get back,
and chase it down with coffee.

connielafaver said...

Glad to hear your having a good time, again. You sure are a traveling girl. See you soon and then it will be so long for a while, won't it...