Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Weary Traveler & Dead End Streets

I finally arrived at my hotel last night, or should I say this morning, at 12:00 AM. Of course, this was 2:00 AM EST. I wasn't sure that I would ever get to the hotel, though.

I picked up my rental car and proceeded to diligently follow the directions that I had printed from the hotel website. What I didn't realize was that there were two route 90's. One is the business loop and the other is an interstate. The directions just said to get on route 90. Of course, I got on the wrong one. The route did get me in the vicinity of my hotel. I could see it in the distance, but couldn't find a road that would get them there. I ended up on a dead end street so many times that I lost count. In my desperation, I called the hotel and even stopped at a Day's Inn to ask for directions. They all kept telling me to go the same way - that led me to a dead end street. I figured I was either to weary or tired to understand the directions or the people didn't really understand where I was to begin with. I was finally heading in a direction where I came across a road that looked like it would bring in the vicinity of my hotel. The road took me over Interstate 90 and then intersected the road that the hotel was on. You can imagine the excitement that boiled up within me to see the road that the hotel was on. Sure enough, I turned on this road and it took me right to the hotel.

Today was a better day for me. I rested a lot this morning and then gave my presentation this afternoon. I'm having a quiet evening in my hotel room and am looking forward to turning in early tonight.

No comments: