Monday, November 20, 2006

Arrival Downey

I arrived safely at Downey, CA. My flights were all on time. Actually, my flight departed Chicago about 15 minutes early; the plane left the gate, went right to the runway, and we were off. I fly through Chicago all the time and this was the fastest that I've ever flew out of there.

The plane arrived 40 minutes early into LA. I called my brother to let him know that I had arrived and he was amazed. I met my brother outside the baggage claim area. He picked me up in his bright yellow Ford 150 4x4 pickup truck. I couldn't miss it since it looked like a school bus. I'm not sure why he needs a 4x4 in southern California; it was 91 when I arrived. Tomorrow is supposed to be in the mid 70's.

I was also able to have breakfast with my dad this morning. We met at the Cracker Barrel in Watertown. My dad will be leaving for Flordia next week and this was the last chance for me to see him before he departs. We had a good visit.

Plans for tomorrow include playing golf and enjoying the weather. Later in the week we may go deep sea fishing. This is something that I've always wanted to do.

That is all for now.

No comments: