Thursday, November 16, 2006

Speedometer Shock

I had just pulled out of my driveway and began my long drive to work. Down the road I traveled noticing the morning rainshower that seems to be the norm these days. I was feeling pretty relaxed as I continued down the road and then I noticed the speed on my speedometer: 89.

I was shocked and began to think how can I be going 89 when I had just pulled out of my driveway; I also didn't feel like I was traveling 89 on the highway. The information on the speedometer didn't match what I was sensing to be true. My internal warning lights began flashing to me that something was wrong. I then looked at the units after the speed and was greatly relieved to discover that they were Km/hour. Switching back to MPH showed that I was traveling at 52.

Lesson learned: check your units on your speedometer when in doubt of your speed.






No comments: