Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Window Washers

I had a two hour lay over in Chicago yesterday. It was during this time that I noticed a four man team of window washers doing their job. Two of them were on the inside and two of them were on the outside. The guys on the outside had to use extenders to wash the windows since the windows were above their heads.

Two things that I noticed about the window washers. First, they worked well together as a team since the inside guys guided the outside guys where the streaks were after their first wash. Although they were only washing windows, they took their job very seriously, did it with excellence, and made sure the windows were sparkling clean when finished.

I couldn't help to think about the scripture that tells us to do our work as to unto the Lord. I don't know if any of the window washers were Christians, but they certainly seemed to be doing their work as to unto the Lord.

The four window washers will never know that I was watching them, but I learned a valuable lesson from them: no matter how unimportant the work may seem to be I need to do it as unto the Lord.

No comments: