Thursday, November 23, 2006

Thanksgiving Morning

I began to think of all the things that I'm thankful for as I arose this morning. My thankful thoughts continued to flood my mind as I went for my morning walk and did my stretching exercises. I've concluded that I have a lot to be thankful for.

God has blessed me in so many ways. My list of thanksgiving to the Lord is endless. The neat thing is that my list will continue to grow as I continue following the Lord. This is how the Lord designed it to be - to continue pouring out His blessings upon His children. I'm so thankful that Jesus died and rose again so that I can know God through Jesus and enjoy His bountiful blessings in my life. Thank you Lord!!

Another thing on my thanksgiving list, is the fact that I get to spend the day with my brother and his family. This is first time that I've seen him and his wife in about three years. I also have met two of my neices for the first time and will spend the day with them too.

I'm also thankful for the beautiful weather in southern California. The sun in Northern New York has been elusive this fall and I'm truly enjoying the sun and warm weather here in California. I think that this is the first Thanksgiving that I'm wearing shorts and short sleeve shirt. It is nice.

I wish all my family and friends back home a warm and happy Thanksgiving. I encourage you all to think about what you are thankful for this day and lift your praise of thanksgiving up to the Lord.

1 comment:

www.jean-e-oathout.blogspot.com said...

I am thankfull today,too, especially since an old friend from Vermont emailed me to take her address off my listing! She hadn't answered any of my mailings since I'd gotten here and was dissapointed that it didn't discourage my mailings. She needs prayer, for sure! She reacted to my HAPPY THANKSGIVING message I'd sent Thursday. I trust God will continue to woo her to Himself. We are SO BLESSED to know the Saviour!!!