Saturday, August 09, 2008

I've Arrived

Sue and I pulled into Grapevine, TX during the wee hours of the morning today. We both were exhausted and declared that it was time for bed. It was a good thing since it was 3:30 AM CST.

Sue was up bright and early. We briefly saw each other this morning before she left to put the finishing decorating touches on my apartment. I will get to see my new apartment for the first time tonight. I am excited!! Can't wait to see my new dwelling that I'll call home. I will post pictures.

I have spent the majority of the day shopping for some things for the apartment. Sue gave me a list before she left; did I mention that Sue likes lists? I officially give her the name "List Queen".

One thing on the list was containers. Sue suggested that I go to the Container Store. I did and now it is one of my favorites. I think that I'll visit it often.

As you can imagine, shopping in Grapevine, TX is much different than shopping in NNY. It seems nice to only drive 5 minutes and have so many choice stores to choose from. I'll get to check out the grocery stores later today or tomorrow since I need to stock my cupboards and refrigerator.

That is all for now. Will post later.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey - I like the container store - I could enjoy that too. Tonya always says it is SO nice to go only a few minutes and find what you need not half an hour or two or three hours - So Sue likes lists -- that is because she is an organizer then - I like lists - I need them because otherwise it would always be a to do thing as part of the list - Okay - when I talked with you in those wee hours, you still had several more to go - I am sure tongight will be a really good sleep for you and for Sue - sweet dream and will check to see those pictures. Ms. B

connielafaver said...

Laura,
I am so glad that you and Sue have finally arrived, I guess.No, I am. It just means that you really are gone, I will so miss you, until next month...Have a great time getting settled in you new residence.I am happy for you as you are
were the Lord wants you to be.I really want to come and see you at some point.
Hey, have fun getting all your things together. Get caught up on your rest now.
Can't wait for a follow up with some great pictures.

connie

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see the pictures of your new digs. That was surely quite an adventure you both had gettiing there. Modern technology, where would you be without it right? I'll tell you, you probably would have been there a lot sooner without the advice of the GPS. She just needs a little fine tuning. I am really excited for you Laura and hope that it's everything you ever dreamed of and more. It's gotta be. It's from the hands of God.

Love you,
Nancy C.

thisrequiresthought said...

can't wait to see your new place!!

Anonymous said...

Yay, you got there! Eager to see pics of your new place. Enjoy those quick, close shopping experiences. Rejoice with us back here in the north country--WalMart opens on Wed. Whoo-hoo!
nymrsb

Anonymous said...

O-K-A-Y -- KNOW IT IS YOUR FIRST DAY, but looking forward to catching up on some P-I-C-T-U-R-E-S OR VIDEOS - have a blessed day-ms. b

Anonymous said...

oh - yeah - WALMART - to some that is big news from our little metropolis to your big metropolis - we are surely excited here ms.b

Anonymous said...

Love, love, love the container store. It is a wonderland of possibility for me. Wish we had one here.

Michele