Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Welcome to My New Home - Part 1

I am settling in my new home. In addition to working from my home office, I'm still in the process of arranging my office. It is coming together nicely, but is taking time. I'm enjoying the local fitness center and swimming pool at the apartment complex. Nice amenities.

I decided to post pictures in segments since I have so many to share. Keep checking back over the next few days. I will post them room by room.

The first set of pictures are of me first arriving at my apartment and the surprise welcome/birthday party that Paul and Sue planned for me.


Me driving the Prius in my garage for the first time. Welcome sign above my apartment door entrance from the garage.
Me seeing the the plaque on the wall (see picture below) as I walk into my apartment for the first time.One of Sue's many decorative touches. I've ponder on this statement many times since Sue wrote about it on her blog; see here.
Vickie enjoying the party that I knew nothing about. She is sitting in my living room.
Ginger and me enjoying snacks on my new couch.
Tony (Vickie's husband) is telling us a good story.



5 comments:

connielafaver said...

Lovely Laura, very lovely. I am sure you will enjoy your new apartment for sure. Wait
to see more pictures...

connie

Anonymous said...

Looks pretty good, so far. I love leather couches. They always are so substantial and rich looking.
nymrsb

Anonymous said...

love the oar - it is not only decorative but says a lot about you - big couch and the setting is cozy and the decorativeness is great - look forward to more pictures and actually purusing these some more. ms.b

thisrequiresthought said...

SO ELEGANT!

Only the very best for the Coffee-Queen!

Anonymous said...

New style....new home...new beginning...

Hope it is very comfortable for you...

Michele