Saturday, December 29, 2007

Adventures in Santa Barbara

Our travels yesterday took us to the Santa Barbara area. Our first stop was at the Cold Spring Tavern for lunch. This is one of those places that you wouldn't expect to find in southern California, but here it is. It reminded me of a rustic restaurant that I would find in the Adirondacks. We walked in and it was cold. I mean so cold that we all kept our jackets on and I even asked my brother to get the blanket out of the car for me. I've come learned that places in southern California don't heat their businesses even when the temperatures are in the 40's. Yes, I wrote right, the 40's. I'm surprised that it gets this cold too. The food was great and we had a wonderful time at the Cold Spring Tavern.

Our next adventure took us to places north of Santa Barbara. It is pretty countryside with lots of rolling hills and mountains. We stopped at several shops and just enjoyed our time walking around. I hope you enjoy the pictures.

Mom and me outside the Cold Spring Tavern.


I couldn't refuse this picture because of the sign.

A red peppercorn tree. I never knew peppercorns came from a tree.

Red peppercorns on the ground. They are slippery to walk on.

A gigantic Christmas tree. Mom and Irene are standing next it.

They do have cows in California.


A nice prickly pear cactus plant.


A prickly pear cactus. You can eat them.


Can you see the object of interest in this photo?

No comments: