Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Traveling Observations

I have a habit when I travel - I watch people in the airport and on the airplane. I don't know why I do this, but I do chuckle at some of the observations that I see.



On my flight home on Monday, I was amused by this couple that traveled on the same plane as me. The flight was delayed by about 30 minutes. When the call came to begin boarding the plane, I observe this couple, probably in their 40's, begin to approach the gate. The man ran as quickly as he could to the front of the line while leaving the woman behind. When he got to the front, I might add by barging in, he looked back at the woman. He motioned her to get in line with him. She did. Before I knew it, they were walking down the Jetway and they were gone. I didn't really think too much about them until I boarded the plane and realized that I would be sitting across the isle from them. I cozy up in my seat for the 2 hour plane ride home.



The gentleman was reading a newspaper the whole flight. He would flip through the pages and ripped some ads out and place them into his pant side leg pocket. He must have done this more than 20 times. I began to wonder what the ads were and how many could he fit in his pocket. I also wondered what he was going to do with all those ads.

The plane landed and everyone was waiting to deboard. I was standing in the isle minding my own business when the gentleman began rising from his seat in front of me. Without a word, he nudged himself into the isle and I had to step back or he would have been standing on top of my toes. He opened up the overhead compartment and took another newspaper out. I thought "oh, no he is going to rip out more ads and stuff them in his pocket." He didn't, though. The couple ran off the plane as quickly as they ran on. I didn't see them again. I do wonder what he did with all those ads. Do you have any ideas of what he did with them?

1 comment:

Darlene Sinclair said...

People watching is an interesting occupation. There are certainly all kinds of us on this here planet. And to think that God finds pleasure in every one of His creation, in spite of the tainting of sin upon our lives. Amazing. And challenging to me, in all honesty.