Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas in CA

I must admit that spending Christmas in CA was nice. I like the weather - sunny and highs in the 60's. Jiwon and I treated ourselves to a late night visit to the outdoor hot tub on Christmas Eve since it was so beautiful out.



I spent the afternoon outside participating in a new Christmas family tradition. This new tradition is throwing knifes into a pumpkin. I never have thrown a knife before, but it was fun and I actually hit the pumpkin several times. We had a tournament with the girls challenging the guys. There were Jiwon, Cami (my nephew's wife), and me against my nephew (Adam), brother (Wayne) and Jong. It came down to sudden death and the guys beat the girls by 2 points.



We also spent time singing Christmas carols around the piano. Jiwon played for us and we all sang. Everyone truly enjoyed Jiwon's musical gift and she truly blessed us.



The evening was ended by making a ginger bread house. When I left my brother's house to return to Jong and Jiwon's, the glue on the house was drying. It will be interesting to see the finish product when I return tomorrow.



Tonight is my last night at Jong & Jiwon's. I have truly enjoyed staying with them and their company. They are great hosts if you ever want to visit southern CA.



Here are some pictures.









My nephew (Adam) & sister-in-law (Irene)

3 comments:

thisrequiresthought said...

what great pictures!
the hot-tub sounds wonderful.

the knife and pumpkin contest?? Sounds more like a Halloween tradition. Ha.

Our Christmas dinner was perfect.
Only one thing missing: you.

Anonymous said...

Now there's a tradition I have NEVER heard of!!! Interesting.
Michele

julia said...

this looks like plenty of fun! wish i had been around for the knife throwing party!

hahaha.