Monday, December 31, 2007

Last Day in California


Yesterday was our last day in California. We went here for church. After church, I went out to lunch with the Pastor and his wife at the Mission Inn. The rest of my family also went to the Mission Inn, but to a different restaurant that is located in the Inn. Afterwards, my family and I went shopping for a winter coat for my brother. He is traveling to Minneapolis, MN next month and needed a winter coat for the trip. Our shopping travels too us to the Burlington Coat Factory at the Ontario Mills Mall. We also visited the Rainforest Cafe. I had never been to a Rainforest Cafe. It was a lot of fun. I couldn't resist sitting on one of the animal chairs and play with its tail; picture above. The day was completed by going back to my brother's house and just hanging out.


My mom and I boarded a plane at 12:30 AM PST and flew home today. I got about 2.5 hours of sleep. This is why I'm signing off now - sleep. I'm glad to be home and am looking forward to getting back to my routine.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had such a wonderful trip. You got to see a lot of the area. We went to the same mall when visiting Bob's sister two summers ago. At the JCP outlet there I picked up my wool pea coat for only $20. What a bargain!

Anonymous said...

Great photo!
I checked out the church's site and they seem very like CFC.
Were you going to drop off that brochure today or tomorrow?
Lots of snow---maybe you had better wait until my driveway end is plowed!!!
I have a very leaky back room today!!
catzndogz9

thisrequiresthought said...

welcome home!
and Happy New Year.

sorry we couldn't catch you for breakfast, but we'll see you soon!

connielafaver said...

I am so glad that you and you mom were able to go away together and be with your brother and his family for the Holidays, I am sure that was very special for Carrie. Great pictures too, especially you looking cute on the cow chair. hahaha Seriously the pictures were nice. Welcome home to the snow and everything else. Your a good friend to me Laura... Happy New Year!!!