Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Computer Files are Important for Managing Trash

Our file server crashed last Friday and I haven't been able to access any of my computer files at work.

It makes for an interesting day in the world of trash without computer files. I realize now how much time the computer saves me. Before the crash hit, I was able to whiz around with my cursor to get files that I needed in an instant. I now can't even see them on my directory. Our computer guy tells me my files are all on the backup drive, but that the table of contents is corrupted - this doesn't sound good. He has been trying to recover my data since last Friday.

He is in the process of buying software to help recover my data. I hope it works because my world of trash will be messy if it doesn't.

1 comment:

TrashTidBits said...

yes, I'm Laura ... the trash lady.